Advance from Visual (subjective) to Electronic (objective) Colour Measurement
Colour of Water, Pt-Co (Platinum Cobalt) Colour Scale, APHA Colour Scale (American Public Health Association Colour Scale), Hazen Colour Scale after Dr. Hazen True Colour Unit (TCU)
- Immediate & Accurate – Straight from the Box
- Guaranteed Agreement with International Standards
- Display Results with On-Screen Colour and Numerical Options
- Digital, Portable, Push-Button Technology
The Lovibond® EComparator Pt-Co provides an easy way to transition from subjective visual measurement to a non-subjective, accurate electronic measurement.
The user friendly ergonomics and intuitive interface guarantee new users can be quickly trained and easily supported. Large data storage
(> 20,000 readings), USB connectivity ensures readings can be stored and shared easily and quickly. Flexibility is further enhanced with software packages for **Windows® with multiple language* support on-screen.
Touch screen technology makes the EComparator Series easily programmable with instinctive menus on screen. Users can set language*, date and time, view preferences and create projects with individual tolerance settings.
An on-screen warning system of:
Within Tolerance = Green;
Outside Tolerance = Red;
On Border of Tolerance = Amber
provides the user with immediate information on the sample.
* Supported Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Russian
**Applicable for the following operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7/10
Platinum-Cobalt / Hazen / APHA Colour (ASTM D 1209)
Often referred to as Pt-Co, Platinum-Cobalt, Hazen or APHA Colour – all terms are inter- changeable and equally valid.
Used to measure clear to dark amber liquids.
Originally defined by specified dilutions: range from 0 at the light end of the scale to 500 at the darkest.
Used extensively in the water industry but also for clear oils, chemicals and petrochemicals such as glycerine, plasticisers, solvents, carbon tetra- chloride and petroleum spirits.
Accuracy and Efficiency
The EComparator Pt-Co are supplied with Certified Glass and Liquid Reference Standards enabling quick and simple validation.
The instrument is equipped with an integrated light shield to protect the sample from ambient light and a flexible path length and cell choice (plastic or glass) for flexibility of application.
With robust casing and a small laboratory foot- print, the EComparator Series is the ideal solution for users wishing to experience the benefits of immediate, accurate, electronic readings:
the best of both worlds.
|Light Source||White LED (25 year lifetime)|
|Sensors||Tristimulus Detectors, Reference and Sample|
|Resolution||1 Pt-Co Unit|
|Repeatability||± 3% +1 Pt-Co Units|
|Path Length||50 mm|
|Comparator View||2 Field|
|Display||Size: 3.5 inch
Resolution: 320×240 Colour: 24 Bit (True Colour)
|Keypad||3 key tactile membrane|
|Sample Chamber Cell Type Filters||W100 Spectrophotometer EC Range Holders|
|Casing||Flame Retardant ABS|
|Material Size (mm)||W 106 x D 210 x H 57|
|Power Sources Batteries||USB or Battery 4 x AA|
|Data Storage||> 20,000 readings|
|Interface||USB 2.0 A- Micro B plug|
|Software||Data Transmission Software for **Windows|
|Temperature||Max Sample Temperature = 80 ° C|
- EC 2000-Pt-Co in carrying case
- Power Supply (UK, EU, US Plug)
- USB Cable
- 4x AA Batteries
- Liquid Reference Standard 1
- 3 x 50mm W100 (Plastic cell)
- 1 x 50mm W100 (Optical Glass cell)
- Glass Standard
- CD with Software (Windows) and Manual
Code 16 20 10
- 13 50 49 Liquid Standard (15 ± 2.0)
- 13 51 19 Glass Standard Conformance Filter
- 35 21 01 W 100 50 mm Cell (Plastic), Set of 50 Cells
- 60 10 70 W 100. OG. 50 mm, 1 Cell (Optical Glass)
- 19 06 20 USB Power Supply Unit
- 19 06 30 USB Cable, 2.0 A- Micro B plug for data transmission